Monday, August 11, 2008

Pictures

Just a few pictures I snapped this weekend. Most of these were taken around my "pollinator garden". I use the term very loosely; its only three plants. One purple giant hyssop, one anise hyssop, and one narrow-leaved mountain mint.



A spring peeper perched on a hyssop leaf, laying low in the hot part of the day. Do you think it was coincidence that this is where it happened to choose? I doubt it, this plant was teeming with insects. Backyard food chains in action!



This daddy longlegs (thats the scientific name right???) appeared to be nectaring at hyssop flowers. I've always thought this group was strictly detritivorous, so if anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it.



One of about ten species of hymenoptera (bees, wasps, etc) frequenting my plants.



a dog-day cicada

No comments: